Welcome to the International Conference on Power Systems Transients (IPST). This biennial event offers a platform for the
exchange of scientific and technical information related to electromagnetic transients in electric power systems.
Contributors are sought on all topics related to the study of transient phenomena in electric energy systems. This includes,
but is not limited to, computer simulations, transient network analyzer studies, and field measurements.
IPST Conference - News and Events
- IPST 2013 will be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada from July 18 through July 20, 2013. Please note that the 2013 IEEE PES General Meeting will also be held in Vancouver from July 21-25. The conference will be hosted by the University of British Columbia Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. The Local Organizing Committee will include J. Marti and H. W. Dommel and the Technical Program Committee Co-Chairpersons will be I. Uglesic and H. Hoidalen. The Call for Papers is now available for download. Please click here for the conference website.
- IPST '11 technical papers now available for download.
- IPST '11 conference summary added to the website.
- IPST '09 technical papers now available for download.
- IPST '07 technical papers now available for download.
- Laszlo Prikler from the Technical University of Budapest has contributed the Adobe PDF files for the scanned technical papers from IPST '99. The papers may be downloaded here.
- Robert Spiewak from Dashiell Engineers in Houston, Texas has contributed the Adobe PDF files for the scanned technical papers from IPST '95. The papers may be downloaded here.
IPST Conference - General Information
- Conference History / Suggested Topics / Steering Committee
- Upcoming Conferences:
- Summaries of Previous Conferences:
- EPST '93 - Lisbon, Portugal, June 17-18, 1993
- IPST '95 - Lisbon, Portugal, September 3-7, 1995
- IPST '97 - Seattle, Washington, USA, June 22-26, 1997
- IPST '99 - Budapest, Hungary, June 20-24, 1999
- IPST '01 - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 24-28, 2001
- IPST '03 - New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, September 28 - October 2, 2003
- IPST '05 - Montréal, Canada, June 19-23, 2005
- IPST '07 - Lyon, France, June 4-7, 2007
- IPST '09 - Kyoto, Japan, June 2-6, 2009
- IPST '11 - Delft, The Netherlands, June 14-17, 2011
IPST Conference - Reference and Technical Paper Archive
- Conference Technical Paper Archive
- Technical Reference List
- A special publication of the International Journal of
Electric Power and Energy Systems was published using selected papers from IPST '95. Professors Hermann
Dommel and Maria Teresa Correia de Barros served as guest editors for the special issue. The journal (Vol 19, #4, May
1997) can be referenced using ISSN 0142-0615.
- Information concerning the IEEE publication, Computer Analysis of Electric Power System Transients: Selected Readings (which was edited by Juan A. Martinez-Velasco) may be found at Amazon (ISBN: 0-7803-2318-1).
The IPST website is sponsored by Electrotek Concepts, Inc. in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Last Update September 17, 2012 by T. Grebe / Copyright © 1996-2013 The IPST Conference